Here are just a few examples of the copy and content I have created for clients since launching my own freelance copywriting & content development business in 2010.
CLIENT: Jack Canfield
Jack is one of the big names in the field of personal development. He is the co-creator of the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” brand and author of the #1 NY Times bestseller, The Success Principles. I wrote most of his marketing copy and content from 2014-2023.
“10-DAY TRANSFORMATION” Campaign
The Canfield Training Organization hired me to create an opt-in offer to grow their list and introduce people to their different programs and products in a low-key “soft sell” sort of way, then segue from that sequence into more of a “hard sales” series of emails featuring a targeted offer inviting people to sign up for one of their signature programs.
I came up with the idea for this campaign and created all of the resources largely from scratch, drawing from content in Jack’s bestselling book, The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be. This offer generated 22,000+ opt-ins for the company, which is more than any other free training or resource the company had ever offered, and segued into a sales funnel (which I also wrote) that the company has used to generate millions in sales.
- Here’s the landing page I wrote to promote the offer.
- Here’s a page with links to each daily training – I wrote everything you see here: the landing page copy as well as the video scripts and digital downloads for each day of training
- Here are two emails – one to promote the free training, and a post-training email inviting participants to sign up for one of Jack’s paid events.
- Here’s the homepage of his website, for which I wrote most of the copy.
REIGNITE YOUR DREAMS + REIGNITE YOUR LIFE
During the heart of the pandemic in 2020, Jack Canfield and his team wanted to offer a new online personal development program that would kick off with a free content giveaway, so I brainstormed and wrote a free guide titled “Reignite Your Dreams” that was followed up by bonus free online Zoom training with Jack that segued into a promotion for his “Reignite Your Life” four-month coaching program. It was one of the company’s most successful online promotions ever and generated millions of dollars for them, plus a ton of goodwill from participants who loved the free offerings as well as the paid program. The company has continued to offer this program at least once a year using the same marketing materials and approach every year since then.
- Here’s the Reignite Your Dreams free workbook I wrote
- Here are a couple of emails inviting people to download the workbook
- Here’s the landing page to sign up for the workbook
- Here’s the salespage for the online program
YOUR EXTRAORDINARY LIFE PLAN
I conceived and wrote a six-week online program for Jack called “Your Extraordinary Life Plan” based on video filmed at one of his “One Day to Greatness” events. I identified the video content to use, wrote scripts for new video content, created all of the program resources, and wrote all of the marketing copy to promote it. This was a successful product that the company has gone on to re-release several times since its first launch.
- Here’s one of the salespages used to promote it.
I have written 80+ video scripts for Jack Canfield’s YouTube channel over the years, including for some of his most-watched videos. Here are just a few:
- Pay attention to the signs of the universe – 2.1 million views
- How to change your mood in 60 seconds or less – 215k views
- How to change your life at any age – 215k views
In addition to writing Jack’s marketing emails, landing pages, and video/webinar scripts, I also did much of the writing for his weekly newsletters. I started helping with content planning and article writing in 2014 and did all of the planning and writing for every weekly newsletter from 2019-2023. Here are just a few:
- It’s Been a Helluva Week
- Feeling Unbalanced? Read this
- Reclaim Your Brain & Focus on What Matters Most
- How to Rewrite Your Story At Any Age
- A free holiday gift for you!
CLIENT: Iyanla Vanzant
NY Times bestselling author and host of “Iyanla: Fix My Life!” on Oprah’s OWN network
Iyanla Vanzant has hired me to write multiple online courses along with salescopy to promote her programs. These projects typically involve me reviewing some of Iyanla’s available content and created the structure and framework of the course from scratch, along with student questions and activities, with Iyanla providing the readings, meditation scripts, and videos.
- Here’s a salespage for her “From the Ground Up” program I strategized, developed, and wrote for her
- Here’s the salespage for her “Spiritual Warriors in Training” Program, which I designed and wrote.
- Here’s one of the weekly guides I wrote for her “Spiritual Warriors in Training” program. (Minus the formatting, which was done by Iyanla’s team.)
- Here’s the salespage for the “Spiritual Warriors in Training Level 2” program I created for her the following year based on the success of the first program.
CLIENT: Dr. Deb Sandella
Dr. Deb Sandella is an award-winning psychotherapist who has hired me to write copy for her website and programs over the years. I’ve also written scripts for webinars she typically holds once a year with Jack Canfield.
- Here’s a sales page I wrote for her RIM Essentials training program
- Here’s a salespage for her “Goodbye, Hurt and Pain” online program
- Here’s copy for a landing page for an upcoming free webinar
- Here’s a marketing email promoting a one-day workshop
- Here’s the latest webinar script I wrote for her and Jack Canfield
- I’ve also written much of Dr. Deb’s website copy
CLIENT: Algonquin College
Algonquin College in Ottawa has hired me on multiple occasions to write website copy as well as brochures and other resources promoting their programs.
- Brochure for the 2015-2016 school year
- Brochure for Construction Professionals
- Brochure for Health Professionals
- Brochure for International Teacher Training
I also wrote all of the copy on their Language Institute website a number of years ago.
CLIENT: Zoom Consulting
Zoom Consulting (now ZedMarketing.com) is a digital marketing agency that writes much of the copy and content for one of the world’s leading enterprise software companies. As one of Zoom’s contract writers from 2012-2015, I wrote and updated hundreds of SEO-optimized product pages promoting the company’s many software solutions to a wide range of decision-makers in almost all industries: retail, mining, energy, finance, health, telecom, post-secondary education, etc. I also rewrote the company’s sizeable careers website to speak specifically to millennials and edited content for the company’s blog and internal communications.
I would love to show you examples but I signed an NDA agreement saying I couldn’t. Sigh. Just wanted to point out that I am very comfortable writing about technical topics and translating industry “tech-speak” into language a wide variety of target audiences can understand.
CLIENT: WordPower Academy
WordPower Academy is a $997-$1297 online copywriting program that I ran three times from 2021-2023. About 50 students registered for it. Here’s a sampling of the resources I created to promote it:
- The sales page for the program.
- A free downloadable sales page template. I paired this with a free webinar on how to write sales pages, which ended with me inviting registrants to join my program.
- A downloadable free social media “writing prompts” tool created to promote it.
- A slide deck I created for a free webinar I ran to grow relationships and invite people to my program.
CLIENT: Canada Hemp Foods
Canada Hemp Foods is a retail food products company hired me to rewrite their website copy to make it more personable and engaging and create more rich content to engage visitors while overcoming potential objections and common misconceptions around hemp products.
CLIENT: Allard Studio of Electrolysis
This woman-owned electrolysis studio hired me to rewrite their website copy to showcase the benefits of using their services and better speak to the needs of their ideal clients.
CLIENT: UBC Sauder School of Business
The UBC Sauder School of Business hired me to run a two-day training workshop and a half-day refresher training for their internal staff on how to write emails, blog posts, and other student-focused content that will drive a higher level of engagement and inspire more students to take action on the school’s invitations and requests.
Here’s an excerpt from the slide deck I used in the workshop.